Gila Neta, PhD, MPP
Gila Neta, PhD, MPP is an Epidemiologist and Program Officer for the Implementation Science Team in the Office of the Director in the Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences (DCCPS) at the National Cancer Institute (NCI). Prior to joining DCCPS in 2013, she conducted postdoctoral epidemiologic research within the Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics in the Radiation Epidemiology Branch, focusing on the potential unintended health effects of radiologic medical technologies.
Dr. Neta received her Master of Public Policy degree at the University of California at Berkeley and her Doctorate in Epidemiology from Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health. She conducted her doctoral dissertation work at the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute for Child Health and Human Development.
Dr. Neta’s programmatic and research interests within implementation science include training, portfolio analysis, the use of PRECIS criteria in evaluating pragmatic trials, shared decision making and cancer screening, de-implementation, and the use of standardized measurement and evaluation. Dr. Neta co-leads the organization of the NIH-sponsored Annual Conference on the Science of Dissemination and Implementation. She co-leads the NIH D&I working group, a trans-NIH initiative providing leadership and vision for implementation science across the NIH. She also serves on the Education Committee for the American College of Epidemiology and the Symposium Committee for the Epidemiology Congress of the Americas.
- Implementation Science to Accelerate Clean Cooking for Public Health. Rosenthal J1, Balakrishnan K, Bruce N, Chambers D, Graham J, Jack D, Kline L, Masera O, Mehta S, Mercado IR, Neta G, Pattanayak S, Puzzolo E, Petach H, Punturieri A, Rubinstein A, Sage M, Sturke R, Shankar A, Sherr K, Smith K, Yadama G. Environ Health Perspect. 2017 Jan 1;125(1):A3-A7. doi: 10.1289/EHP1018.
- Measurement resources for dissemination and implementation research in health. Implementation Science. Rabin, B, Lewis, CC, Norton, WE, Neta, G, Chambers, D, Tobin, JN, Brownson, R, & Glasgow, R. Implement Sci. 2016 Mar 22;11:42. doi: 10.1186/s13012-016-0401-y.
- Use of PRECIS ratings in the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Health Care Systems Research Collaboratory. Johnson KE, Neta G, Dember LM, Coronado GD, Suls J, Chambers DA, Rundell S, Smith DH, Liu B, Taplin S, Stoney CM, Farrell MM, Glasgow RE. Trials. 2016 Jan 16;17(1):32. doi: 10.1186/s13063-016-1158-y.
- Implementation science in cancer prevention and control: a decade of grant funding by the National Cancer Institute and future directions. Neta G, Sanchez MA, Chambers DA, Phillips SM, Leyva B, Cynkin L, Farrell MM, Heurtin-Roberts S, Vinson C. Implement Sci. 2015 Jan 8;10(1):4. doi: 10.1186/s13012-014-0200-2.
- A Framework for Enhancing the Value of Research for Dissemination and Implementation. Neta G, Glasgow RE, Carpenter CR, Grimshaw JM, Rabin BA, Fernandez ME, Brownson RC. Am J Public Health. 2015 Jan;105(1):49-57.